Experience Level :Other
Total Years Experience :More Than 10 years
The American Arbitration Association (AAA) is the designated organization administering the New York State Insurance Program (NYSI) for the New York State Department of Financial Services (DFS). According to 11 NYCRR 60-2.0 (Insurance Regulation No. 35-D), SUM (Supplementary Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists) insurance arbitrations are conducted by SUM Arbitrators appointed by and serving at the pleasure of DFS. On behalf of DFS, we are seeking SUM Arbitrator candidates for Nassau County, Suffolk County, New York City, and the Hudson Valley. Arbitrator compensation is defined by an independent contractor agreement approved by DFS and executed with AAA.
Pursuant to 11 NYCRR 60-2.0 (Insurance Regulation No. 35-D), SUM Arbitrators are expected to meet the following qualifications:
- Licensed to practice law in New York State with at least 10 years of experience which the SUM Screening Committee determine qualifies such attorney to review and resolve issues in SUM insurance disputes;
- A candidate shall disclose to the Superintendent any circumstance likely to create an appearance of bias or which might disqualify such person as an arbitrator;
- During the period of appointment, an arbitrator will refrain from any practice or professional connection with any firm or insurer involved with automobile insurance or negligence law;
- An arbitrator candidate must meet any additional qualifications for appointment established by the SUM Arbitrator Screening Committee, subject to approval of the Superintendent of DFS; and
- No person shall serve as an arbitrator in any arbitration where such person has any financial or personal interest or bias.
Interested candidates may apply for appointment as a SUM Arbitrator by submitting a resume, letter of interest, and any supporting documents to ArbitratorContractApplications@adr.org.
- Salary Offer: *********
- Experience Level : Other
- Total Years Experience : More Than 10 years
- Career Level: Others
- Salary Type: Annual
- Gender: Male